Job title: Sales Manager / General Manager Designate
Location: Stroud, GL5 3QF
Salary: competitive salary + bonus + pension + annual leave 25 days + bank holidays
Cleeve Materials Handling Ltd (CMH) is part of the Don Valley Group of Companies, the original company being founded in 1947.
The management team are now seeking to take CMH into a new phase of growth and increased profitability
To this end, an exciting new role has now arisen within Cleeve Materials Handling Limited. The role is for a Sales Manager/General Manager Designate. We are seeking to recruit someone with sound engineering capability and drive, to be developed by the existing Sales Manager and Group Management Team into the new General Manager of this division. Currently CMH has a turnover of £1.5M – £2M pa; the chosen individual will play a major part in the plan to double this over the next few years.
Our ideal Sales Manager/General Manager would have the below skills/attributes:
- Proven experience within a sales role.
- Qualified engineer with a recognised professional qualification.
- Strong understanding of the Bulk Materials Handling sector.
- Excellent leadership and persuasion skills.
- Ability to motivate and grow a small local team.
- Effective management and delegation skills.
- Effective communicator to individuals at all levels
- Ability to identify business risks and business opportunities
Our ideal Sales Manager/General Manager Designate will have the below responsibilities:
- Liaise with management, engineering staff and subcontractors to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Leverage existing contacts to win new and repeat business.
- Manage the on time, on budget delivery of projects
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Prepare budgets and reports for senior management
- Review and approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
The responsibility to grow the business and provide shareholder return whilst making a difference to society can be incredibly satisfying. We recognise outstanding performance within the company and the bonus structure is designed to reward accordingly.
We believe in growing and developing talent within the business and DVE Group will ensure you are given every opportunity to develop your career with us.
Interested? To apply for the role of Sales Manager/ General Manager submit your CV today via the APPLY button on the Monster website.
Cleeve Materials Handling Ltd was established in 1998 to provide a range of solutions to the industrial market for materials handling projects. There are many factors that make the Cleeve Materials Handling Ltd. unique. We can design and manufacture World Class Machinery that is built to our individual customer requirements and still ensure that it is of the highest, most reliable quality.